During the fall semester, the Honors College hosts weekly lunch and learns. We invite guests to engage with students and talk about regional interests and needs, professional development, internship and job opportunities, and much more. Each week features a different guest. Past guests have included local physicians and surgeons, nurse practitioners, business entrepreneurs, CEOs of regional companies, lawyer and judges, non-profit leaders, mayors and government officials from the area, and alumni who connect their honors experiences to their current occupations.These events will expose you to a variety of opportunities available to you during, and hopefully early in your college career. Last fall alone, we invited 38 different guests to speak with students.
1. September 9th: Ann Beers, M.D.
2. September 13th: Norse Violence Prevention Bystander Intervention
3. October 4th: Ariel Porter, M.D. Candidate
4. October 5th: Rachel Kazee
5. October 11th: Sara Drabik
6. October 25th: Naomi Herzog
7. October 27th: Nate and Chris Dye
8. November 2nd: Norse Violence Prevention Bystander Intervention
9. November 8th: Michael Jones