Skip to main content
Students studying abroad in Germany

To declare a major in French, German, Japanese, or Spanish, a student must first log on to myNKU and file an on-line Program Change/Declaration Request.  For help using the MyNKU system, go to the Student Self-Service page.

The next step is to make an appointment to meet with the chair of the Department of World Languages and Literatures located in Room 475 of the Mathematics, Education, and Psychology Center. 

During that meeting the requirements for the major will be discussed, and the student will be assigned an academic advisor.

Advisors meet regularly with French, German, Japanese, and Spanish majors to assist in planning class schedules that will fulfill requirements for general studies and the major. Regular conferences help minimize confusion over requirements, scheduling conflicts and the possibility that certification of the major or graduation may be delayed due to unfulfilled requirements. The final responsibility for fulfilling the catalog requirements in the major, minor, general studies or other areas still rests with the students.

The department advisor for all World Languages & Literatures majors and minors is:

Mr. Kevin Corea

Office: MP 405 / (859) 572-7581 /