Reverse Transfer is for students who transfer to Northern Kentucky University prior to the completion of an associate degree. Students will have the option to transfer their Northern Kentucky University credits back to the two-year institution for evaluation and determination of eligibility for an associate degree.
The value and benefits of obtaining your associate degree can be significant. A few ways an associate degree can be of benefit to you include:
· Improving your job opportunities in the current work force
· Increasing your chances for a promotion in your current job
· Enhancing your current resume by showing your educational advancement
Students who meet the minimum qualifications will receive an email via their Northern Kentucky University email address. This email invitation will include an application to graduate and a consent form that will allow us to share your official academic transcript with your previous college. Upon receipt of your application, your packet will be provided to a representative from your previous college who will review your application and contact you regarding the status of your graduation
application and eligibilty.
Each Fall (September) and Spring (February) semester an email will be sent from the Office of the University Registrar to currently enrolled students who meet the minimum qualifications. The email will include information on how to submit your application and consent to release your official transcript.
The following minimum criteria will be used each term to initiate the process:
· Earned a total of 90 semester credit hours.
· Earned at least 20 semester credit hours from the previous KCTCS institution.
· Earned at least 15 semester credit hours from NKU.
· Transferred to NKU with a KCTCS institution as a previous home college, as indicated on the student’s transcript.
· In good academic standing at NKU and in good academic standing at the KCTCS institution at the time of transfer.
· Meet KCTCS institutional residency requirements as outlined in KCTCS Senate Rule 188.8.131.52- defined as completing at least 25% of approved curriculum credits from the KCTCS institution granting the degree.
· Associate degree of the same type (Associate in Arts/ Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science, Associate in Fine Arts) not previously awarded from a KCTCS institution.
· Completed an application for Reverse Transfer which authorizes the exchange of all application and academic information between NKU and KCTCS.
· Earned a total of 75 credit hours.
· Earned a minimum of 15 credit hours from ITCC.
· Currently enrolled as an undergraduate at NKU.
· No prior degree earned from ITCC.
· Must have met all admissions requirements for NKU, including attainment of at least a 2.0 GPA from ITCC.
· Completed an application for Reverse Transfer which authorizes the exchange of all application and academic information between NKU and ITCC.
No. Students who receive the email from Northern Kentucky University meet the minimum requirements to earn an associate degree. It is solely the responsibility of the two-year institution to evaluate the student’s record and determine the student’s eligibility for the associate degree.
Diplomas are mailed by the transfer school during their regular degree conferral process for that semester. Students who have financial holds may not be able to receive the diploma until the hold has been reconciled.
The earning of an associate degree could affect other educational benefits you are receiving. Please make sure to check on this prior to participating.
If you have not received an email communication from us but believe you may be eligible you can fill out the forms below and send to us at email@example.com.
Note: KCTCS requires an application for degree and transcript consent. Ivy Tech only requires the transcript consent.