Taste of Informatics programs give the community a chance to gain familiarity with informatics fields, on a path to further professional development. Taste of Informatics programming includes Podcasts, Classcasts and Workshops.
Informatics Café podcast
Learn more about the informatics fields with the Informatics Café podcast. Produced by Chris Brewer and hosted by Mike Nitardy of Frost Brown Todd, each episode is an entertaining and thought-provoking look at what's new in media and technology, and the impact on business and everyday life.
Subscribe and listen on your favorite podcast platform, including Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, and Google Podcasts, or on the web.
Contact our show producer, Chris Brewer, for more information or to suggest a topic.
The Informatics+ Classcast program opens to the public a selection of class sessions on topics of heightened community interest taught by some of NKU's most dynamic instructors. For upcoming classcasts and registration, visit here.
- Communication as Social Science, Steve Bien-Aime on Tuesday, September 20th - 10:50-11:50am
- Environmental Storytelling: How the Digital World Tells Our Stories, Ash Nieman on Tuesday, September 17th - 10:50-11:50am
- Informatics Ethics, Steve Bien-Aime & Tamara O'Callaghan on Tuesday, October 4th - 10:50-11:50am
- Human-Computer Interaction, Alyssa Appelman & Nick Caporusso on Tuesday, October 25th - 10:50-11:50am
- Data Visualization, Steve Bien-Aime & Tamara O'Callaghan on Tuesday, November 1st - 10:50-11:50am
- What Algorithms Can and Cannot Do, Kevin Kirby on Tuesday, November 8th - 10:50-11:50am
- Business Process Analysis, Joe Rubleske on Tuesday, November 15th - 10:50-11:50am
- Artificial Intelligence, Gary Newell on Tuesday, November 22nd - 10:50-11:50am
- Cybersecurity & Privacy, James Walden on Tuesday, November 29th - 10:50-11:50am
- Media Aesthetics, Tracy Songer & John Gibson
- Foundations for Informatics Professionals: LinkedIn, Julie Stockman
- Human Computer Interaction, Nicholas Caporusso
- Copy Editing & Design, Steve Bien-Aime
- Principles of Informatics: Algorithms and Complexity, Gary Newell, Steve Bien-Aime
- Study Abroad: Creating a Brand Identity, Tracy Songer
- Interpersonal Communication: Words Matter: The Language of Responsibility, Stephen Yungbluth
- Salary Expectations, Julie Stockman
- Unblurring the News, Michele Day
The Informatics+ Sampler Workshop program offers two-hour workshops in selected high demand or emerging informatics fields. Providing simple, welcoming, and smart opportunities in a time of transition, these workshops can serve as a prelude to further learning.