Gifted and Talented Endorsement
The fully online courses offered annually are offered as a micro-credential, an endorsement certificate or as part of the master's degree, Rank I, and doctoral programs. The courses may also be taken in a non-degree status.
The gifted endorsement courses can be completed within one-year.
- EDG 621 Introductions to Gifted Education Historical, philosophical, and psychological foundations of special educational provisions for high-ability students; characteristics, identification, and typical school programs.
- EDG 623 Teaching Creative and Higher-Level Thinking Theories of creativity, higher-level thinking, and problem solving identifying creative potential; classroom strategies and curriculum materials related to creativity and higher-level thinking.
- EDG 625 School Programs for Gifted Students Theoretical bases and model school programs and services for high-ability students; procedures for planning, implementing, and evaluating special educational provisions for gifted students; curriculum design and teaching strategies. PREREQ: EDG 621 and EDG 623, or consent of coordinator of graduate studies in education.
- EDG 627 Seminar and Field Experiences in Gifted Education Research and discussion of critical problems in gifted education; application of knowledge and skills in gifted education in one or more settings with gifted students; planning supervised teaching, and advocacy techniques. PREREQ: EDG 621, EDG 623, and EDG 625, or consent of coordinator of graduate studies in education.
- EDG 629 Special Topics in Gifted Education (1-6 sem. hrs.) In-depth study of one dimension of recent research, theory, and curriculum design, or teaching strategies in gifted education.
For more information regarding our graduate gifted courses, click here.
Northern Kentucky Association for Gifted Education (NKAGE)
The Institute for Talent Development and Gifted Studies is an active member of the Northern Kentucky Association for Gifted Education (NKAGE). NKAGE meets montly as a professional learning network that supports gifted and talented youth in the northern Kentucky region. NKAGE activities include the annual DreamFest Conference, Middle School Leadership Symposium, and professional development to support teachers of the gifted.