This decision tree will help you determine if your files in the Digital Asset Manager can be purged.
When analyzing each file, keep these helpful points in mind:
- View our video tutorial to familiarize yourself with the Digital Asset Manager.
- All files must be accessible. See the Accessibility Site for more information.
- Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations should not be added to the Digital Asset Manager. These files should be converted to webpage content or accessible PDFs.
- Be sure to activate any files that are uploaded, and re-activate any files that are kept.
- Before deleting any file, deactivate it first. Once it is deactivated, you may safely delete it.