Mainstage Productions Holding Auditions:
H.M.S. Pinafore by Gilbert and Sullivan
Buried Child by Shepherd
Audition Date, Time, Location:
- Tuesday, Dec. 3 beginning at 6 p.m.
- Stage Management Check-In will begin at 5:45 p.m. in front of the 2nd floor Theatre/Dance Callboard.
- H.M.S. Pinafore will be auditioning in the Corbett Theatre.
- Buried Child will be auditioning in the Choir Room (Fine Arts Center room 378).
- Auditions will be conducted through appointments and not a cattle call audition.
- Audition sign-up sheets will be made available on the 2nd floor Theatre and Dance Callboard starting Monday, Dec. 2.
- Audition time slots are on a first-come, first-served basis but anyone wishing to audition will be seen as long as there is time.
- Auditionees are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to their audition time slot and to check in with the stage managers and to complete an audition form.
Callbacks Date, Time, Location:
- H.M.S. Pinafore - Wednesday, Dec. 4 at 6 p.m. in Corbett Theatre
- Buried Child - Thursday, Dec. 5 at 6 p.m. in Corbett Theatre
- H.M.S. Pinafore - Prepare 32 bars in the style of the show (Golden Age song, English aria or art song), and bring sheet music in the correct key, organized in a binder. An accompanist will be provided.
- Buried Child - Please prepare a 60 second monologue from a play written in the style of the Buried Child. Please familiarize yourself with the play beforehand and select material that relates to the piece.
- Please bring with you a resume and a headshot for each audition. If you do not have a headshot, a nice photograph of yourself is welcomed instead.
- The creative teams for both productions kindly encourage all BA Theatre Majors, Theatre Minors, and Dance Minors as well as Music Majors and Minors to strongly consider auditioning for both productions.
- Reminder that ALL BFA Acting and Musical Theatre students are REQUIRED to audition for all mainstage productions, including H.M.S. Pinafore and Buried Child. The only current exception is seniors in their last semester.