Sunday, Aug. 18
Dance Course Placement
- Only required for incoming freshmen BFA Dance and Musical Theatre Track students.
- Optional, but encouraged, for incoming freshmen who are taking a dance class in the fall or spring.
- HE 125, 3-6 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 19
SOTA Welcome Back Bash and Theatre + Dance Majors Meeting
- 6:30 p.m. Greaves Concert Hall
- Majors meeting to follow in Corbett Theatre
Tuesday, Aug. 20
Audition Boot Camp
Dance Troupe Auditions
- FA 116, 5-5:45 p.m.
- Bring a resume and a headshot (if available).
- Please bring ballet and/or jazz shoes and wear appropriate dance attire.
Thursday, Aug. 22
Emerging Choreographers Showcase Auditions
Friday, Aug. 23
Auditions for Three Sisters and Freaky Friday
- Sign-up begins at 5:30 p.m. at 2nd Floor Call Board
- Auditions begin at 6 p.m.
- Requirements for Three Sisters: Please prepare a 60 second monologue from a Chekhov, Ibsen, or Shaw play.
- Requirements for Freaky Friday: Please familiarize yourself with the show and the characters within. Please prepare either 32 bars of an uptempo contemporary musical theatre song that reflects the style of a character in the show AND demonstrates strong acting choices. Do not sing from the show. An accompanist will be provided. Please bring music that is in the correct key and that your cuts are clearly marked.
Saturday, Aug. 24
Dance Call for Freaky Friday (Invited Only)
Callbacks for Three Sisters
Sunday, Aug. 25
Callbacks for Freaky Friday