and Educational Technology
Please note: This page is no longer updated regularly
How do we put together a technology plan?
Below are some sites that have something to say or show regarding technology
- T.H.E. Journal
Apple Higher Education Info. -- "In addition to the Apple "Generic"
information found in the topline folders, this folder is geared specifically
for the higher ed community."
IBM Kiosk for Education (IKE) and ISAAC. -- "The IBM Kiosk for Education
(IKE) is a gopher-based server offering IBM information, application software,
and a bulletin board for IBM users in the higher education community."
World Lecture Hall at U Texas
Internet Training Materials for Law
Classroom of the Future
Introduction to SCALE -- Sloan Center for Asynchronous Learning
Faculty Technology Projects at Penn State Univ.
New Tools for Teaching: J.J. O'Donnell
- Ed Tech
Technology Connections at CU/Denver
NCSA Education Pages
CU-SEEME at Cornell
Center for Advanced Educational Services at MIT
HISC at Missouri -- Hypermedia and Instructional Software Clearinghouse
CAUSE--Information Technology in Higher Education. -- "CAUSE is the
association for managing and using information resources in higher education.
An international nonprofit association, CAUSE is dedicated to enhancing higher
education through the effective management and use of information resources."
Educom Review. -- "EDUCOM REVIEW is the bi-monthly magazine focused on
learning, communications and information technologies. It examines how the
emerging digital world is changing the ways we work, learn and communicate in
the twenty-first century."
The IPCT-J Electronic Journal --
Interpersonal Computing and Technology: An Electronic Journal for the 21st
Century. Published by the Center for Teaching and Technology, Academic
Computer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057.
- Instructional Applications for Netscape 2.0
Fred Beshears, Assistant Director of the Instructional Technology Program at UC
Berkeley, was kind enough to share his list of resources.
- UC Berkeley Final Report of a Panel Chartered by the Academic Planning Board.
- Stanford, Annual Report 1994-95. Submitted by John Etchemendy for the Commission on Technology in Teaching and Learning (CTTL).
- Virginia Tech. Instructional Development Initiative.
- University of Michigan. Academic Outreach: Distance Education, Electronic Publishing.
- State University of New York (SUNY). Strategic Planning Committee on Development and Training. March 1, 1995.
- Fort Lewis College. Strategic Plan for Instructional Technology, March, 1994.
- UC Berkeley. IST Five-Year Vision 1993-98: Toward Electronic Scholarly Information.
- UC Davis. Report of the Information Technology Strategic Planning Committee. December 1992.
- California State University. Information Technology Policy and Analysis.
- Columbia University
- University of Michigan
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Virginia
- University of Washington
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
Cause Information Resources Library,
items with an index of "Planning, Strategic".
- Training and Managing Student Employees in the Computer Center, Jan. A. Richard, Spring 1990. Haverford College
- Strategies for Restructuring Information Technology Organizations, Susy S. Chan, July 1993. DePaul University.
- Organizing Information Technology - Integration or Disintegration?, Polley Ann McClure, Fall 1992. Indiana University.
- Planning an Electronic Library Classroom: An Annotated Bibliography, Lisa Janicke, 1994. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Guidelines for forming TLT Roundtables, Steve Gilbert. Teaching, Learning, and Technology Roundtable (TLT).
- Executive Summary of Final Report: "FlashLight" Planning Grant, Ermann, Stephen. Annenberg/CPB Project.
- Using Information Technology to Enhance Academic Productivity, William F. Massy and Robert Zemsky. Stanford Forum for Higher Education Futures.