For immediate release…
Thursday – Sept. 26, 2013
HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, Ky. - The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet District 6 has notified Northern Kentucky University of the following conditions that will likely have a significant impact on highways leading to and from the university. Be aware that significant delays are likely this weekend related to the following Revive the Drive – NKY projects:
I-471S FROM DANIEL CARTER BEARD BRIDGE/OHIO RIVER IN CAMPBELL COUNTY TO US 27 IN HIGHLAND HEIGHTS
- Beginning at 10 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 27: traffic restrictions will be in place on I-471S for overhead sign replacements. Beginning at 3 a.m., Saturday morning, traffic will be restricted to a single lane beginning on the I-471/Daniel Carter Beard Bridge, extending through the I-275 Interchange. Restrictions to a single lane may continue until 6 a.m. Monday morning, Sept. 30. Entrance and exit ramp traffic throughout the corridor may be impeded for approximately two hours during Saturday. Detours will not be posted; drivers are encouraged to use the next ramp. Rolling closures will also be necessary at various times on Saturday and Sunday to hang signs that span all lanes. Rolling closures may last as long as 20 minutes. Long delays will be apparent on the I-471 corridor throughout the weekend. Drivers are encouraged to use alternate routes. Please use caution, reduce speed and watch for traffic-control devices, equipment and crews along the work zone.
- At Exit 1 (I-275/I-471 Interchange), traffic in the right lane may exit at exit 1B to I-275W or continue through the interchange to US 27 in Highland Heights. Traffic in the left lane must exit at 1A to I-275E. Shoulders are also closed in this area. This traffic pattern will continue until further notice. The speed limit through this section is 45 MPH. Traffic may be further reduced to a single lane during nighttime periods throughout the limits of the project.
- Work is being performed along the I-471S ramp to I-275W. Traffic should use caution in this area and watch for construction vehicles entering and leaving the roadway along this ramp.
- Expect delays until this project are completed later this year.
- Use caution when traveling through the project and watch for slowed or stopped traffic. Watch for construction vehicles entering and leaving traffic throughout the work zone. The speed limit is reduced through the construction zone and will be enforced.
I-275W AT I-471 INTERCHANGE IN CAMPBELL COUNTY
- The right lane on I-275W at the I-275/I-471 Interchange is closed. This closure extends for approximately one-half mile. In addition traffic is in a shifted position with both shoulders closed through this area. This closure will be in place until further notice.
- Crews are working along the right shoulder of I-275W in this area. Watch for construction vehicles entering and leaving traffic in this area.
- Traffic may encounter flagging operations with short delays on Three Mile Road at the I-275 overpass as part of the work being performed in the area adjacent to Three Mile Road.
Northern Kentucky road construction updates are available at http://transportation.ky.gov/district-6/Pages/default.aspx. You can also call 511 or visit http://www.511.ky.gov for Kentucky traffic and travel information.
### NKU ###
Follow NKU news on Twitter at https://twitter.com/nkuedu.