Updated Wednesday, July 31...
HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, Ky. - The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet District 6 has informed Northern Kentucky University of the following conditions and/or operations that will likely affect the NKU community. Motorists should be aware of possible delays or lane closures on the following Revive the Drive – NKY projects:
- During the overnight hours on Aug. 3, the entrance ramp from US 27 to I-471S will reopen.
I-471S from Daniel Carter Beard Bridge/Ohio River in Campbell County to US 27 in Highland Heights
- Beginning at 10 p.m. on Aug. 2, traffic will be restricted to a single lane across the Daniel Carter Beard Bridge through Exit 2 for traffic-switching operations. The lane restrictions will continue until the evening of Aug. 3. Long delays are likely and finding an alternate route is encouraged.
- Beginning at 8 p.m. on Aug. 2, the I-471S entrance ramp from Memorial Parkway will close. The ramp will remain closed until Aug. 16. A detour will be posted directing traffic from Memorial Parkway northbound to I-471 to KY 8. Traffic will then proceed eash on KY 8 to enter I-471S.
- Beginning at 8 p.m. on Aug. 2, the I-471S Exit 3 ramp to Grand Ave. will close. The ramp will remain closed until Aug. 16. A detour will be posted directing traffic to continue south on I-471 and exit at US 27 (Exit 2). Traffic will then proceed north on US 27, then east on KY 1892 (Carothers Road).
- At Exit 1 (I-275/I-471 interchange), traffic in the right lane may exit at Exit 1B to I-275W or continue through the interchange to US 27 in Highland Heights. Traffic in the left lane must exit at Exit 1A to I-275E. Shoulders are also closed in this area. This traffic pattern will continue until futher notice. The speed limit through this section is 45 MPH.
- The entrance ramp from US 27/Southgate to I-471S is closed until Friday night, Aug. 2. A detour is posted sending traffic north on US 27 to KY 1892. Traffic will then proceed east on KY 1892 and enter I-471S at the Grand Ave. interchange. During the overnight hours on Aug. 3, the entrance ramp from US 27 to I-471S will reopen.
- The I-471S exit ramp to KY 8 is closed. The ramp will remain closed until Friday, Aug. 2. Traffic will be detoured to continue south on I-471 to the exit at Memorial Parkway, then east on Memorial Parkway, then enter I-471N and exit at KY 8. During the overnight hours on Aug. 2, the I-471S exit ramp to KY 8 will reopen.
- The I-471S entrance ramp from KY 8 is closed. The ramp will remain closed until Friday, Aug. 2. Traffic will be detoured west on KY 8 to Monmouth Street, then south on 10th Street, then east on 10th Street to enter I-471S at Memorial Parkway. During the overnight hours on Aug. 2, the I-471S entrance ramp from KY 8 will reopen.
- Traffic may be further reduced to a single lane during nighttime periods throughout the project.
- Work is being performed along the I-471S ramp to I-275W. Traffic should use caution in this area and watch for construction vehicles entering and leaving the roadway along this ramp.
- Expect delays until this project has completed later this year.
- Use caution when traveling through the project and watch for slowwed or stopped traffic. The speed limit is reduced through the construction zone and will be enforced.
I-275W at I-471 interchange in Campbell County
- The right lane of I-275W at the I-275/I-471 interchange is closed. This closure extends for approximately one-half mile. In addition, traffic is in a shifted position with both shoulders closed through this area. This closure will be in place until further notice.
- Crews are working along the right shoulder of I-275W in this area. Watch for construction vehicles entering and leaving traffic in this area.
- Traffic may encounter flagging operations with short delays on Three Mile Road at the I-275 overpass as part of the work being performed in the area adjacent to Three Mile Road.
You can get Northern Kentucky road construction updates at http://transportation.ky.gov/district-6/Pages/default.aspx. You can also call 511 or visit http://www.511.ky.gov for Kentucky traffic and travel information.
### NKU ###
Follow NKU news on Twitter at https://twitter.com/nkuedu.