NKU advises that faculty and staff, in consultation with their healthcare provider, consider not returning to campus for 14 days upon their return from personal travel if any of the following occurred during their trip:
- Being in crowds (i.e. restaurants, bars, airports, bus and train stations, or movie theaters)
- Travel within 6 feet of others who do not live in your household, without wearing facial coverings (i.e. sharing a car)
- Sharing a room or overnight quarters with others who do not live in your household
- Unable to socially distance for more than 15 minutes while unmasked
- Not adhering to COVID-19 precautions of wearing facial coverings, maintaining physical distancing of greater than 6 feet from others, or washing your hands often
Human Resources will facilitate appropriate options with faculty and staff to identify appropriate solutions for not returning to campus, such as remote work and/or the use of accruals during the 14-day quarantine.