Skip to main content

If you will be transferring from one of the most common universities or colleges in the region (in terms of transcripts we receive from those institutions), all of the course equivalencies you need are avaliable just one click away, within one convenient document.


        Includes all KCTCS colleges: Ashland, Big Sandy, Bluegrass, Bowling Green, 

        Elizabethtown, Gateway, Hazard, Henderson, Hopkinsville, Jefferson,

        Madisonville, Maysville, Owensboro, Somerset, Southeast, and West Kentucky.


        Includes all UC campuses, Blue Ash College, and Clermont College.


We will update these documents periodically to reflect any changes and/or additions.  Refer to the first page of each document to find out when it was updated.  For the most up-to-date course equivalencies, use our online system (TEDS), below.


Wondering about the NKU equivalencies for your transfer courses? If they exist in our database, you can find out what they are right now. You'll be one step ahead of the game.

NKU's online Transfer Equivalency Determination System, which is updated in real time, can be used to search for the equivalency to any course that currently exists in our database.

You will find the course equivalencies you need as long as students have transferred those courses to NKU at some point in the past. If you will be the first student to transfer certain courses to NKU, the equivalencies might not yet exist.

About NKU Course Codes

Once you determine the NKU equivalencies for your transfer courses, you will find yourself with a list of NKU course codes, which are letters and numbers that correspond to NKU courses. Here's how to make sense of NKU course codes:


Specific NKU Courses

Course codes that consist of letters followed by only a number (such as ENG 101) are specific NKU courses. You will find these courses in the Undergraduate Catalog. Go to the "Course Descriptions" section to find the descriptions.


General Education Credit

Course codes that begin with DAW or TM, or end with 100G or 200G, are NKU general education waivers that award credit for certain Foundation of Knowledge categories, which all students complete as part of their degree requirements.


Elective Transfer Credit

Course codes that end with 100T200T300T, or 400T are elective transfer courses that might apply to specific academic disciplines, unless the prefix is UND (undetermined). Either way, you receive credit hours toward graduation.

Note: Courses labeled PEND (pending evaluation), NCD (need course description), and NCS (need course syllabus) are considered elective transfer credit until their equivalencies can be determined. For courses labeled NCD or NCS, students are strongly encouraged to deliver or mail to us the description from the catalog and/or the syllabus.


Developmental Courses

Course codes that have numbers beginning with 0 (such as MAHD095) are developmental courses, which NKU does not consider to be at the college level. You will not receive any credit hours toward graduation for these courses.

After your acceptance, your academic advisor will help you apply equivalencies to your program of study.

Course equivalencies are provided online as an unofficial guide and are subject to change at any time without notice. You will be sent an official course-by-course Transfer Credit Evaluation after your acceptance to NKU.