How to Comply
Northern Kentucky University is committed to providing the faculty and staff with the essential tools needed for developing web pages that meet the Web Accessibility Guidelines.
Information about ADA 508 Compliancy Standards:
Section 508 requires that individuals with disabilities, who are members of the public seeking information or services from us, have access to and use of information and data that is comparable to that provided to the public who are not individuals with disabilities, unless an undue burden would be imposed on us. Section 508 also requires us to ensure that NKU employees with disabilities have access to and use of information and data that is comparable to the access to and use of information and data by NKU employees who are not individuals with disabilities, unless an undue burden would be imposed on us.
Below are some resources for this standard.
- usability.gov - 1194.22 Web-based intranet and Internet information and applications
- Northern Kentucky University's Section 508
- Information Technology Resources
- Additional information about web authoring tools and development environments can be found through the Office of Information Technology's website
- Training: Information regarding authorized campus training is available within the Professional and Organizational Development Center
- Testing: Testing ensures that the minimum Web Accessibility Guidelines are met. For all university hosted or published web pages, minimum standards must be met prior to publishing to the web server.
Our content management system, Serena Collage, has many of the accessibility requirements built in. For more information, visit the accessibility guide on webhelp.nku.edu.