Within five years of graduation, NKU Data Science graduates will be able to:
- As data science professionals, provide effective solutions to problems using software and data life cycles
- Engage in life-long learning, effectively adapting to the dynamic data science field
- Serve as ethical professionals in the field as well
- Use their data science knowledge to contribute to their community and society as a whole
In order to achieve the above stated program educational objectives, graduates of this program will the prepared to:
- Analyze complex computing problems and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate computing-based solutions to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of Data Science.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts, including but not limited to industry and academia.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the Data Science discipline.
- Apply theory, techniques, and tools throughout the data analysis lifecycle and employ the result knowledge to satisfy stakeholders needs.
Enrollment and Graduation Statistics
The Data Science program prides itself in giving students quality education and ensuring that our students get the care they need as they progress through the program. In view of the high student to faculty ratio, most students have an increased interaction time with faculty, a factor that improves student’s engagement in the program. The table below shows the programs enrollment and graduation numbers since its inception in the 2013-2014 academic year.