The workshop will run from June 10 - July 10 from 12:30 - 3:30 pm each weekday (dates are tentative).
Applications for the summer workshop are currently being accepted. Due to space limitations, enrollment in the workshop is competitive. You should submit an application by May 15, 2013 to be considered for this exciting opportunity. Early applications will be reviewed starting April 15. There is a $110 registration fee for participation in the workshop.
Workshop topics include:
- Introductory Java programming such as loops, selection statements and arrays
- Object-oriented programming
- Graphical programming
- GUI programming
- Event handling
- Game programming logic
In the past, students have implemented a wide variety of games including Tron, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Missile Defense, Space Invaders, Pong, Asteroids, Adventure (D&D) games, Mine Sweeper, various board and card games, Pacman, Galaga, Pool, Breakout, Horse racing, Solitaire and non-game programs such as a Paint program, computer animations, a calendar complete.
A flyer advertising the workshop can be found here.
To apply, please submit the following information:
- Email Address
- Postal Address
- City, state, zip
- Phone number (including area code)
- High School (or junior high)
- Current year in high school (freshman, sophomore, etc)
- Any prior programming experience whether at school or on your own
- Other computer experience
- Possible career choice(s) or area(s) of study in college
- A brief statement on why you want to attend the workshop
The information can either be emailed to
or sent by postal mail to:
Department of Computer Science
Northern Kentucky University
Highland Heights, KY 41099
NOTE: a letter of recommendation from a teacher is no longer needed.
Get involved and learn about Java programming. Apply by May 15. Questions can be addressed to Richard Fox at (859) 572-5334 or email@example.com.