Registered Student Organization Dance Scheduling Requirements
RSO Dance Scheduling Requirements:
The Registered Student Organization (RSO) must contact the Student Union Management staff (859) 572-5760 to request and reserve the space. Once the room has been reserved, the RSO must complete a Late Night Event Registration Form, with signatures from: University Police, Office of Student Life, Faculty/ Staff Advisor and Student Union Management. This form must be entirely completed and returned to the OSL three weeks prior to the event date. A $100 security deposit is also required when the Late Night Event Registration Form is submitted three weeks prior to the date of event. The deposit will be fully refunded provided no facility damages occur during the event and the RSO fulfills its responsibilities.
Each RSO must adhere to the following guidelines to insure continued use of these facilities:
1. A Dance Registration Form must be completed and returned to the OSL three weeks prior to the dance date. A $50 security deposit is also required when the Dance Registration Form is submitted. The deposit will be fully refunded provided no facility damages occur during the dance and the RSO fulfills its obligations for dance.
2. Starting in the fall of 2008, each RSO scheduling a dance will be required to pay a room rental fee as indicated by UCM. Additional information about room rental fees is listed in the Student Union and University Center facility policy.
3. Once reservations are submitted and approved, UCM and OSL will assign a DM to the event. The DM will be a faculty or staff member that will assist the RSO in coordinating the event. The cost of the DM is $200.00 per event.
4. Dances are only permitted on Friday and Saturday evenings and scheduled no later than 2 a.m. Only one dance per weekend is permitted. Any deviation from this policy must be approved by the OSL, UP and UCM.
5. RSO's are permitted to sponsor one dance and co-sponsor another dance each semester (fall and spring semester only).
6. Dances cannot be scheduled until one month after the start of fall semester classes so that all student organizations can re-register with the OSL.
7. RSO's that plan to sponsor a dance during the academic year are required to have their FSA and a member of the organization attend a Student Organization Dance general information session at the beginning of the fall or spring semester sponsored by the OSL. RSO's that fail to attend the general session will not be permitted to schedule dances during the current academic year.
RSO Contact Person:
The RSO sponsoring the event must designate a student contact person for their group. The contact person is responsible for overseeing the operation of their RSO's event and submitting all paperwork to the OSL. The primary contact person should also be serving as a student monitor for this event and attend all training and pre-event meetings. Any problems that arise should be reported to the UP, EM, and FSA as soon as possible.