April 25, 2004
NKU GOLFERS TO HOST NCAA REGIONAL
Norse to play in NCAA Regional May 3-5 at Lassing Pointe
INDIANAPOLIS - Eighty teams and fifty individuals have been selected to participate in the 2004 NCAA Division II mens golf super regionals.
The super regionals will be conducted May 3-5, and Northern Kentucky University will play host to the Central/Great Lakes Regional in Union, Ky., at Lassing Pointe Golf Club.
Ten teams and 10 individuals will advance from the super regionals to the championship finals May 12-15, at Victoria Hills Country Club in DeLand, Fla., as part of the NCAA Division II Sports Festival. Eight at-large teams and two at-large individuals will be selected May 6 for the championship finals.
The finals will be hosted by the Central Florida Sports Commission, Sunshine State Conference and Rollins College.
CENTRAL/GREAT LAKES SUPER REGIONAL
Lassing Pointe Golf Club, Union, Ky.
hosted by Northern Kentucky University
1. Missouri Southern State
2. Washburn [Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association]
3. Central Missouri State
4. Missouri Western State
5. Winona State
7. Southwest Baptist
8. Bemidji State
1. Branden Schwartz, Minnesota-Crookston
2. Adam Dohlman, Minnesota-Crookston
3. Brian Black, Pittsburg State
4. Klinton Keller, Wayne State (Neb.)
5. Dan Lenz, Minnesota-Crookston
Great Lakes Region
1. Grand Valley State
2. Ferris State
3. Saginaw Valley State
4. Northern Kentucky
5. Wayne State (Mich.) [Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference]
7. Bellarmine [Great Lakes Valley Conference]
1. Dave Patronik, Gannon (Pa.)
2. Brad Ward, Lake Superior State
3. Justin Holyszko, Northwood
4. Corey Scheipeter, Indianapolis
5. Rob Schlitts, Hillsdale
Winner of each region advances to finals (2 teams, 2 individuals)