April 22, 2005
NKU GOLFERS EARN BERTH IN NCAA REGIONAL
Norse to participate in event May 2-4 at St. Joseph, Mo.
INDIANAPOLIS - Northern Kentucky University was one of 80 teams selected to participate in the 2005 NCAA Division II mens golf championships super regionals on Friday.
The super regionals will be conducted May 2-4. The top team from each region within the super regional and the top individual not with a team from each super regional (regardless of region) will advance to the finals May 17-20 at The Club at Savannah Harbor in Savannah, Ga. The finals will be hosted by Armstrong Atlantic State University.
NKU will compete at the Central/Great Lakes Regional at St. Joseph, Mo.
CENTRAL/GREAT LAKES SUPER REGIONAL
St. Joseph Country Club, St. Joseph, Mo.
1. Washburn [Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association]
2. Central Missouri State
3. Missouri Western State
4. Missouri Southern State
5. Winona State
6. Bemidji State
8. Southwest Baptist
1. Branden Schwartz, Minnesota-Crookston
2. Brian Black, Pittsburg State
3. Matt Hiller, Minnesota-Crookston
4. Lance Walvatne, Minnesota-Crookston
5. Dustin Edge, Pittsburg State
Great Lakes Region
1. Grand Valley State
2. Ferris State [Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference]
3. Wayne State (Michigan)
4. Northern Kentucky
7. Wisconsin-Parkside [Great Lakes Valley Conference]
1. Dave Patronik, Gannon
2. David Morgan, Findlay
3. Matt Springer, St. Joseph's (Indiana)
4. Jason Fryia, Bellarmine
5. Eric Atsma, Findlay
Winner of each region advances to finals (2 teams, 1 individual)