April 9, 2005
NORSE POST 8-1 WIN OVER SAINT JOSEPHS
NKU finishes No. 2 in GLVC standings
HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, Ky. - The Northern Kentucky University mens tennis team posted an 8-1 win over Saint Josephs at the NKU tennis courts on Saturday.
NKU swept all six singles matches en route to the Great Lakes Valley Conference victory. The Norse improved to 7-1 in the GLVC and will be the No. 2 seed in the upcoming GLVC Championships at Indianapolis.
Oliver Marinkovic posted a 6-1, 6-1 win at No. 1 singles over Dru Kitchell, and he also teamed with Billy Hopkins for an 8-3 victory at No. 1 doubles for NKU.
NKU 8, Saint Joseph's 1
1. Oliver Marinkovic (NKU) def. Dru Kitchell, 6-1, 6-1.
2. Nick Herzog (NKU) def. Kyle Marburger, 6-2, 6-0.
3. Marek Pawelec (NKU) def. Andy Dowell, 6-1, 6-0.
4. Billy Hopkins (NKU) def. Albert Santa Cruz, 6-1, 6-1.
5. Adam Moler (NKU) def. Ryan Hendrickson, 6-0, 6-0.
6. Jon Hart (NKU) def. Nate Burton, 6-1, 6-3.
1. Marinkovic/Hopkins (NKU) def. Dowell/Kitchell, 8-3.
2. Herzog/Moler (NKU) def. Marburger/Hendrickson, 8-2.
3. Burton/Santa Cruz (SJC) def. Pawelec/Hart by default.