Construction Update: Revive the Drive - NKY
TO: NKU Campus Community
FR: Chris Cole, Director of Marketing and Communications
RE: Revive the Drive – NKY
The arrival of spring brings initiation of the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet’s “Revive the Drive-NKY” work to complete the I-471 southbound pavement replacement project. Please exercise caution when driving to and from campus and refrain from texting at all times. Note that reduced speeds of 55 mph will be posted in construction zones and will be enforced.
Work to replace the pavement on I-471S will begin this week:
- Preparatory work is underway. Traffic may be restricted to two lanes from 5 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- From 7 p.m. on Friday, April 12, through 7 p.m. on Saturday, April 13, traffic will be restricted to one lane as crews install lane markings for new traffic patterns. After this work is completed, traffic will be in a shifted position with both shoulders closed throughout the project. Traffic will be maintained in three lanes during peak periods but may be reduced to two lanes from 5 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily. Traffic may be furthered reduced to a single lane during nighttime periods. This traffic pattern will continue until further notice.
- Traffic may encounter flagging operations with short delays on Three Mile Road at the I-275 overpass as part of the work being performed in the area adjacent to Three Mile Road.
- Expect delays until this project is completed later this year.
- Use caution when traveling through the project and watch for slowed or stopped traffic. Watch for construction vehicles entering and leaving traffic throughout the work zone.
Lane closures will occur in the right lane on I-275W between the I-471 interchange and 3-Mile Road until further notice. These closures are due to the work being performed on the I-471 project. Motorists should use caution in this area and watch for construction vehicles entering and leaving the roadway from the shoulder.
Alternate travel options to NKU:
• TANK – use your All Card to ride TANK to NKU for free http://www.tankbus.org/progrmas/college-u-pass-program.aspx
• Park & Ride – park in a TANK Park & Ride lot and ride TANK for free http://www.tankbus.org/programs/park-ride-service.aspx
• Carpool – join your colleagues or fellow students and share a ride to campus
Alternate travel routes to NKU – take time to study the map and learn about alternate routes to NKU. US 27, AA Highway/Route 9, Route 8, Johns Hill Road and Three Mile Road are all routes you should investigate.
### NKU ###
Follow NKU news on Twitter at http://twitter.com/NKU_News.